- 3 slices light bread (40 to 45 calories each with at least 2 g fiber per slice), lightly toasted and cut into 1/2 inch cubes - I was doubling the recipe and it seemed easier to cube the bread then toast it on a sheet pan in the oven instead
- 1 cup light vanilla soy milk
- 1/3 cup fat-free liquid egg substitute - I used 1/3 cup egg whites since I didn't have the substitute on hand
- 2 Tablespoons reduced-fat peanut butter
- 2 Tablespoons semi-sweet mini chocolate chips
- 2 Tablespoons brown sugar (not packed)
- Optional: fat free whipped topping
In a blender, combine soymilk, egg substitute, peanut butter, and brown sugar. Process at medium speed until smooth. Pour mixture over bread cubes, making sure all the bread cubes are covered. Let stand for 5 minutes.
Place dish in oven and bake for 45-50 minutes until pudding is firm. This is best served warm. If you like, add some whipped topping before serving.
Served this tonight to my 3 boys, one of their friends, and Kevin - we all loved it!

No comments:
Post a Comment